I recently worked on an Android app that used the device’s only USB I/O port to control another piece of hardware. This requirement eliminated my ability to use LogCat or debug the application…until I discovered that you can use ADB over wifi.
This takes just a few steps:
1. Ensure that your Android device is online and connected to the ADB servier ($ adb devices)
2. Switch to TCP/IP port '$ adb tcpip 5555'
3. Ensure that your device is connected to the same network as your dev machine i.e you can ping it.
4. Connect to your Android device over the network ($ adb connect <Device IP address> ) eg: '$ adb connect 192.168.1.100'
5. Unplug your Android device from the USB
To reset your ADB server to USB, you can:
1. kill/start your ADB server, or
2. use '$ adb usb'.